Archive for August 3rd, 2006

Blessed Dominic Barberi, C.P. and Daventry, England

3 August, 2006

daventry-3.jpgdaventry-1.jpg

The former Passionist Nuns Monastery in Daventry, England

daventry-2.jpg

The stained glass window in the Chapel of the former Passionist Nuns Monastery in Daventry, England.

blessed-dominic-barberi.jpg

A small portion of the stained glass window of the former Passionist Nuns Monastery in Daventry, England, commemorating the Beatification of Blessed Dominic Barberi, which took place in 1963

Blessed Dominic and Littlemore, Oxford

3 August, 2006

newman-2.jpgnewman-1.jpg

The College where John Henry Newman lived from 1842 to 1846 and where he was received into the Catholic Church by Passionist Blessed Dominic Barberi, is currently entrusted to the care of the Society of the Work, a family of consecrated life of pontifical right. Visitors are welcome every day (except the last Sunday of the month) to Newman’s room and oratory and to a museum and library for Newman studies and research.

Relics of Blessed Dominic are also on display in Newmans room – Blessed Dominic’s leather Passionist habit belt, his profession crucifix, his Passionist Sign.
Contact: International Centre of Newman Friends c/o The Work, Ambrose Cottage, 9 College Lane, Littlemore OX4 4LQ  Tel:(01865) 779743 Fax: (01865) 773397
E-mail: thework@uk2.net

 Read more about the Socierty of The Work  here